Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dye & Fiber Retreat!



Natural Dyeing - Spinning - Weaving - Knitting - Crochet - Inkle Weaving - Lucet - Kumihimo - Felting - Wood Block Design - Lapidary - Tunisian Crochet - Embroidery - Tie-dyeing - Viking Whipcord Braiding - and so much more!




This will be our fourth year attending the Griffin Dyeworks Dye & Fiber Retreat. We are so excited to go again this year! It is being held at the end of May and there are still some spaces available. You can see more info. and register at: www.griffindyeworks.com


We camp at Camp Verdugo Hills near Castaic, in the hills just north of Los Angeles. Ranger Terry lives there all year and he loves us! We have fabulous camp cooks (no one every goes hungry).

Each year we learn something new, teach something to others, and sell some of our products from www.goshyarnit.com. The nicest people in the world attend the retreat. Dye pots are on almost non-stop! Some classes are scheduled, and sometimes we just show each other what we know how to do. I'm always amazed at how much I learn each year, and yet the whole weekend is very relaxed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! mucha diversion!!! so fun!! Buenisimo!!
you are a good looking family too,loving the colorfull T shirt, thanks very much for share your great trip

Joy said...

Oh man! I'm so jealous! That looks amazing. My daughter is going to a local fiber camp this summer...I can only imagine a whole weekend as a family doing such amazing stuff. :)

dongdong said...

sounds so wonderful. I wish we have retreats like that here.

The Scolari House said...

That looks so fun! I would love to go. Maybe next year. It's only 2 hours south of us. Beautiful colors. I love the shirts, too!

Linda said...

Oh wow Jennifer, this just looks so wonderful!

Kelly said...

I would so love to go to something like this. All the learning and sharing. Enjoy!

Mama Rose said...

This all looks like oh so much fun! I've been wanting to learn to spin for quite some time now. I must say, you're family has some fabulous outtings!