Saturday, June 13, 2009

Watermelons!


This week Jenell sent me (Jennifer) a Watermelon Award. Sweet!

I accept and reciprocate by sharing six things that make me happy:

1. My kids. I know that seems obvious, but I've only been an at-home mom for 1.5 yrs now. My husband was the at-home dad for 10+ yrs. before that (which was a wonderful experience for him!), so being home with them now makes me so happy!

2. Fiber arts. Crocheting, spinning, weaving, dyeing, knitting, felting and other fiber arts...soothing, challenging and creative.

3. Living among trees, flowers, gardens and a creek. Our new home has all of this and more! We are moving this week. Happiness!

4. Homeschooling. After 15 years in the public education field (teacher, administrator), I am truly loving teaching and learning along with my own children. Each day is a new adventure!

5. Music. My husband and I love to play harp and flute together, compose songs, and sing. We also love playing and performing with the kids.

6. Holistic therapies. Yoga, aromatherapy, chiro, massage, acupuncture, waterbirthing, meditation, Tai Chi, Feng Shui...learning about and doing these things bring a lot of balance, peace and happiness!

In turn, I nominate these six, refreshing mammas:
Tammy: Tammy is such a nice person and her homeschooling activities are inspirational!
Jen: I got to meet Jen in person. What a lovely family of homeschoolers! She does the neatest activities with her children.
Kristie: The most amazing homeschooling resource and mommy!
Juliane: She makes such happy, cute, wonderful crafts!
Kelly: Living in a small home, they not only homeschool, but Kelly also hosts wonderful swaps through the Bits of Goodness yahoogroup/Flickr group.
Michelle: Crafty mommy with great ideas!

I would love to hear what makes you happy, but please don't feel obligated.
There is much love to go around; pass the melons!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, it seems like *everyone* is moving these days...almost every blog I follow that person is moving...
anyway, have fun with your move into the country...

dottyspots said...

Good luck with your move, it sounds wonderful! I look forward to seeing pictures :0)

Michelle said...

Wow...thank you!I've never done one of these, so this is pretty fun & exciting :-)

Great list you have there!!!

Cheers!
~Michelle

Lisa said...

I posted a link to your shop on my blog this evening. I just love that snail!!!!

Lisa :)

Linda said...

Hi Jen,

I have just seen your snail and he is so beautiful!! I think I might just have to buy him! Good luck with your move.

Warmly

Linda

Jen said...

Awwww...shucks :) Thanks for the nomination, Jennifer! What a lovely surprise! I haven't done this either before, so I'll do my best and am happy to pass the torch to more awesome mommas out there.

I loved your list, btw...beautiful and gentle, just like you :)

Hugs,
Jen

Tammie Lee said...

These are all lovely things that make you happy~

Mama Rose said...

Congatulations on your new home! It sounds absolutely wonderful :D ...and thanks for sharing!

Juliane | Fröken Skicklig said...

Dear Jennifer,

thank you so much for your warmhearted words and for sharing with us what makes you happy.

I started the day with a big smile - and I will continue smiling while thinking about six things which make me happy.

Thank you so much for the Watermelon Award nomination.

Sunny greetings from Southern Sweden,

Juliane