Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dye & Fiber Retreat
















Our family attended the annual Griffin Dyeworks Dye & Fiber Retreat this year in the beautiful mountains above Castaic, California.  This was the 4th year for the whole family, and Mommy and Joey's 5th year attending.  Definitely one of the highlights of our year!












Camping on the Hillside












Punch Needle Rug Hooking













Spinning
















Naalbinding












Natural Dyeing
















Splash Dyeing

















Whittling












Soldering a Pebble Dish













Making a Spindle


Embroidery












Tie-Dyeing














Card Weaving










Cross Stitch
















Graduated Dyeing















Teaching Tunisian Crochet












Selling our Fiber Arts Tools, Books and Totes
















Time out for fun -- basketball, star-gazing and musical improvisation












It was a jammed-pack weekend filled with sweet, wonderful, talented people -- and teaching, learning, sharing and creating.  Thank you to the amazing staff and supporters of Griffin Dyeworks for hosting this event!


16 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

You always make this event look like so much fun. I keep thinking about going but always chicken out. I came closer this year but missed the early and cheaper registration. Looks like it was an awesome weekend!

Anonymous said...

¡que bonito!
se ve tan entretenido, gracias por compartir las fotos
bendiciones

Linda said...

How wonderful Jennifer! I would love to have been there!
Warmly
Linda

Indigo, madder, marigold said...

Oh that looks incredibly fun! How wonderful you get to experience that as a family!

Grandma said...

The Tan's trip to the Fiber Retreat is always such an exciting weekend! So much to learn, teach and experience, I see why you look forward to it each year.

Joy said...

What an amazing event! I remember seeing photos of this last year too. Such beautiful fiber arts! Could you adopt me for a week next year so I can go too?

TwigandToadstool said...

Oh my goodness...I wish there was something like that happening closer to where I live...what an awesome retreat that must have been!!! The pictures are beautiful!(thank you for transporting me there via your blog)!
love Maureen

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like so much fun - no wonder you back time and time again!

homecreating said...

I can't wait to attend this next year - it looks fantastic. I have a question too. I'm planning my homeschooling year now for the 2010 Fall and I am looking for a local handcraft/Waldorf teacher who could guide/teach a group of girls, mostly the moms so we can model it for our children (kinder age). I'm in Los Angeles. Do you have any contacts or advice? Thanks

Stephanie said...

Looks so superduper fun! So many great things.

Nicola said...

It looks and sounds like and amazing time!
Nicola

Kimmie said...

The photos in this post gave me chills! You guys were so obviously surrounded with beauty during that trip. I see why you go every year!

Crooked Moon Mama said...

Wow, looks like a beautiful weekend!!
I love how involved your kids are.
xoxo

Amanda said...

Wow! This looks like an amazing event. Wish it were closer...

momma rae said...

wow!! what fun! i am constantly in awe of the incredible ways your family spends time together. truly beautiful! ;)

Jenn said...

so much fun! i would love to go to something like this with my kids!! thanks for sharing!