Monday, December 28, 2009

Winter Transparencies














We have coveted the beautiful transparencies that we've seen at Steiner College Bookstore and in others' blogs.  We finally learned how to make them, thanks to Jen Dimonte at www.ancienthearth2.blogspot.com.  She has a very easy-to-follow tutorial on how to make these from watercolor paintings and kite paper.  Thank you, Jen!  Please be sure to follow her blog.  She posts such inspirational examples of Waldorf-inspired homeschooling.

Joey decided to make hers look like the sun setting behind the mountains (first pics show candlelight, second ones are daylight).












Ricky wanted his to look like a wintry forest.






























We leave them on our table in the Dell where the sun shines through them during the day, and then light candles behind them at night.  Perfect for meditating and reflecting during this final week of the year.

12 comments:

Jen said...

Ooooohhhh! They turned out just beautiful, Jennifer! The kids are so expressive and sensitive. You & Rick are doing such an amazing job raising them...p.s. thanks for mentioning my blog :D You're so sweet!

Sarah said...

What a great idea. I gave my daughter a stack of various sorts of paper scraps--I think I'll encourage her to try this.

Tammy said...

Oh, these are just beautiful!

Jacqui said...

So gorgeous. I love the Winter forest! Have a Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Oh...these are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Oh...these are lovely.

Andrea said...

Beautiful! Your blog is lovely--so inspirational!! Thanks for the comment on mine.

Learning With Passion said...

These are wonderful. I found your blog tonight and decided to follow. We are a homeschool family in Canada. It's nice to have found you!

Anonymous said...

These really spoke to me today....There is something penetrating about light playing with darkness/shadows that evoke such a feeling of winter to me. thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This looks interesting. I've been looking for things my 4 year old might could be more involved with as far as crafting goes. Also, thanks for the seasonal poetry. We re doing our own curriculum now, and I am constantly looking for small appropriate verse. :)

Little gamer said...

They're beautiful. Thank you for posting the link.

Erin Wallace said...

These are so pretty! I'll have to remember these for a day when we have nothing to do. So beautiful!