Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Snippets

Nature walks to the pond preserve at the end of our street, observing egrets, geese and dragonflies.

Taking care of our new cat, Sammy, and her 4 baby kittens.


Observing interesting, new plants during our family walks.


Crocheting custom orders for wonderful customers (Joey crocheted the cashmere tan one on the bottom).


Officiating weddings!  One of our favorite things to do.


Custom spinning yarn for handwork projects and doll hair.


Reading Pogacnik's book on Elementals and attending study groups.










Trips to the library, parks, university, pool and Explorit Science Center in Davis.

9 comments:

softearthart said...

I have not read that book, but I have a lovely apple tree elemental that I hug and have a chat too, he is very nice and always listens, cheers Marie

Andrea said...

Sounds perfect. I love that Sun Egg yarn!

Grandma said...

It sounds like the Tan family is comfortable in their new home and enjoying the beauty of the area!

Wild Maple Wool said...

Busy end of Summer days!!! Beautiful blog---- your on my Waldorfy blog list, and I love reading all your great posts on homeschooling and Waldorf living!

~Samantha

Kelly said...

Happy times in your new home and so much creativity and beauty as always. Best wishes to you all.

Bending Birches said...

all of it- beautiful!

onegoldensun said...

I love how well-rounded your summer activities are! Wonderful crochet work!

Liz said...

What a beautiful blog! Have just found you via Friday Blog Link :) I'll be back ;)

Tara said...

What a sweet new kitty you have. I can only imagine how satisfying it would be to officiate a wedding... what a wonderful "job" to have!